Saturday, June 12, 2010

I have no idea about soccer but,

The Spanish have amazing animation!

A few days ago I stumbled across the small and sadly under-marketed film Nocturna from Spain's Headless Productions. It is officially my favorite animation of 2010. The 2D film has an excellent story, beautifully whimsical design, Adorable characters, and the animation is to die for. I haven't seen such clean lines or gesture since Kells! (I wonder if I could study abroad in Ireland or Spain ;).) Here is the trailer. I had to use the magic of the internet to actually get it (result of that unfair marketing), but hey, totally worth a look.



In response to that awesomness, I've been practicing my animation. Here is the beginning of my poor excuse of a demo reel:



And speaking of the World Cup, I'm not much of a sports fan but the music to come out of this event is phenomenal.



I think this is what Heaven will sound like.

No comments:

Post a Comment